The 2018 Conservation Photography Tour is upon us. We have partnered with Milwaukee County Parks for the eligible properties for the contest. We are also working with Images for Conservation Fund (ICF), a wildlife and land conservation organization based in Texas. ICF will be providing the photo submission system located on their website. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of the contest as they have changed from last year.
Contest: Open Tournament (Amateurs & Professionals Welcome)
Location: Milwaukee County Parks
Description: The 2nd annual WIIFC Conservation Photography Tour is a land and wildlife conservation awareness photography contest and fundraising event created by Wisconsin Images for Conservation. This year, Milwaukee County Parks are the properties for the contest. The contest is open to all photographers who would like to participate knowing that their images and fees will be used to help preserve Milwaukee County Parks.
The contest will begin on May 15, 2018 and end at midnight on May 1, 2019.
Overview: The Conservation Photography Tour is open to all photographers (both professional and amateur) who visit any park in the Milwaukee County Park system from May 15, 2018 to May 1, 2019. All images submitted to the contest must have been taken at Milwaukee County Parks during the contest period. Photographers may enter as many images as they like at a cost of $25 per image or five images for $100.
How to Register:
- All registrations will be completed through the Images for Conservation (ICF) Website.
- Photographers may submit images, via http://imagesforconservation.org/product/2018-wiifc, any time during the contest, but no later than midnight, May 1, 2019.
- Each photographer may enter as many images as they like at a cost of $25 per image.
- And/Or a group of 5 images at a reduced cost of $100.
How to Submit Images:
- All images submitted for judging must be received through the ICF website: http://imagesforconservation.org/product/2018-wiifc
- By entering the Tour, each photographer accepts the rules as stated and guarantees that all the information provided is correct and truthful. Entries not accurately represented or not abiding by Tour rules will be disqualified. Refunds will not be given in case of disqualification.
- All image submissions uploaded to the website must be JPEG files sized to 1024 pixels on the longest side(For example: 683 pixels high by 1024 pixels wide if the camera has a standard DSLR 2:3 aspect ratio.) JPEGs should not exceed 1MB in file size. (If necessary, please reduce JPEG quality so file size is less than 1MB.)
- Tour officials will request original RAW files (or original high resolution JPEG files) and processed (edited) high resolution JPEGs for all images that make the final round of judging. When requested, the source images must be provided within 7 days of notification or the contending image may be disqualified. Details on how to submit original source files will be provided at time of request.
- To ensure anonymity in judging, images may not contain any watermarks, logos, text, or identifying marks of the photographer. Please do NOT include your name in the filenames of images you submit for judging. (Note: Your name or copyright in image metadata is fine.)
- All images submitted to the Tour must have been taken at a Milwaukee County Park during the official tournament period (May 15, 2018 thru May 1, 2019). All Milwaukee County Parks are listed here.
- You may submit images any time during the Tour, but no later than midnight, May 1, 2019.
First, second and third place winners will be awarded in each of the five categories based on highest scoring images per category. In the event of a tie, a fourth judge will be brought in to score the tying images. The five categories are below:
- Open (Subject and Post Processing Determined by Participating Photographer)
- All Other Animals
- Landscapes, Plants & Flowers
Prize Money Allocation:
- (Five) 1st Place Category Winners will receive $1,250 each
- (Five) 2nd Place Category Winners will receive $500 each
- (Five) 3rd Place Category Winners will receive $250 each
For Questions on the Tour Rules: Contact Nick Resheske, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.
For more information please see Official Tour Rules.
Submit Your Photos Today!
You will be redirected to the Images for Conservation Fund website to submit your photos.